Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm all over the place tonight.

My sleeping pattern is forever screwed up. I do not begin to drift in and out until I can see the sun rising. I do not begin to wake up until I can feel an incoming call or the clock strikes one or two or three. But I think I like it that way.

It's the middle of the month, so of course I am hiding away at my parents. It's about this time that I usually start freaking out about money and ponder the pro's and con's of moving back to this room that I am currently hiding in. Well, my work has lost my paycheck and I have $0.07 to my name and not even $0.35 worth of gas in my tank. Although that scares the shit out of me, I'm not complaining, I'm laughing as my cat sleepily head-butts me.

I feel like things have been changing and more change is on its way. Good change too, mind you. My mother just came back from a weekend trip to California. It hit me the day she got back how much of a struggle it was this time last year for her to find the will to get out of bed, let alone leave the house, let alone go on vacation. So even though I sat in that truck yawning from not sleeping an ounce the night before, as she told me any and every story about her trip, I was the most proud of her.

Things I would like to accomplish before the year is out (feel free to help me accomplish any of these): Build a model volcano. Learn how to play the ukulele. Learn how to play "Martha My Dear" on at least one instrument. Go on a small road-trip (preferably up north). Get a second job. Get caught up on movies that I've never seen but apparently should have.

2 comments:

  1. 2 things:

    1) Let's build a model volcano. We never got to do cool science experiments in elementary or middle school

    2) I have friends in
    -Baltimore, MD
    -New York City
    -Philadelphia, PA
    -Boston, MA
    -Exeter, NH
    -Danville, VA

    i think a north bound trip is in order

    ReplyDelete